Kaisen-Build

Good evening, I saw that kaisen has the option of creating a live iso with kaisen-build but from the documentation I couldn’t understand it very well, after running ./kaisen-build does it create an iso of my current system? and that?

I would just like to create a live iso with my shell scripts and files that I need to already have inside the live, I use it in my work and I need some files that are already inside the live

I found out the reason for not being able to perform the build by analyzing the debootstrap.log file. In the last line, the following message appears.

chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/true’: No such file or directory

How can I resolve this? I need to create a live with just 4 files, I will not modify anything in the system I just want it to contain these 4 files.

Hello @Daniells,

What do you want to do with your custom ISO?

The kaisen-build tool isn’t dedicated to build an ISO from current system, but from Kaisen repositories with available packages.

To build your custom ISO with your scripts and packages, you can use the CUSTOM variant or a official variant like KDE and add your scripts.

I can help you to build your ISO image.

The more easiest for your case, is to use an official variant and add your scripts and conf. For that, you must create a directory called includes.chroot_after_packages into kaisen-build/variant/KDE directory or MATE if you use MATE ecetera.

In this directory, you must recreate the Linux arborescence. If you need that your script must be into the /opt directory in your live system, create the opt folder and paste your scripts.

I will available if you need.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I would like to create an iso just with some modifications in files like /etc/profile /etc/bash.bashrc and add some scripts to be activated in these files that I informed, could you guide me on how I can do this?

Hello @Daniells,

Which interface do you use?

Mate.

Hello,

Perfect.

What do you need exactly?

I’ll tell you how to do it in use officials VARIANT (more easiest).