Kaisen on Lenovo with AMD 7840U

Hello,
I try to install latest Kaisen on my laptop with an AMD 7840U with Radeon 780M
Install seems to work, but after reboot I have a black screen in place of login screen.

This CPU was not support by the Kaisen 2.3 ?

If I press F1 during loadin, I can see an error about amdgpu (I can’t catch the log message entierly)

Hello Iwios
Interesting.
HAve you some logs please ?

just as :

echo “date && dmesg && date” > /where_you_want/toto.txt ?

Infortunatly no… thé black screen appear to quickly.

But I try another linux os (MX linux) and this os purpose to set some configuration before launch live distro.

I try without, same like kaisen, but if I set nomodset and a screen size like 1600*1200 that work.

I have a laptop with a 4k screen.

" "
you know the “è” on the keyboard…

so it’s really fromthe driver amd…

and your screen… maybe… try to have the control center from nvidia ?

From NVIDIA?

It’s an AMD gpu

you know it offers apabilities to contro some gpu, maybe it will work, but not sure.

wait, i look more infos, i try… moment plz…

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/9o864b/control_panel_for_amd_and_nvidia_gpus/

I found that.
If it can help…

Profile photo for Michael Wentworth

Michael Wentworth

RX 580 OwnerAuthor has 101 answers and 282K answer views3y

AMD’s equivalent of the Nvidia control panel is the AMD Radeon Settings. To get your hands on the AMD Radeon Settings, you will need an AMD graphics card and the AMD graphics drivers.

If you are switching from another graphics card to AMD on the same computer, you can follow this simple tutorial for Display Driver Uninstaller

. This is a free utility that completely uninstalls old drivers hassle free. It can be downloaded here. If you’re on a fresh computer or you have already uninstalled previous drivers. You can find the AMD graphics drivers here

Once installed, you can access the AMD Radeon Settings in similar ways as the Nvidia Control Panel. Right click desktop, search for in start menu, by default in the system tray.

In more ways Radeon Settings is more akin to a mashup between Control Panel and Nvidia GeForce Experience, having similar features of both baked into the same program.

The Radeon Settings are split into tabs.

|602x23.700787401574804

• Home has the AMD logo or a sponsored advertisement, as well as a check for updates button along with Radeon Settings specific preferences. These preferences include the enabling ReLive Overlay, banner advertisements, or the Radeon Settings in the system tray and more.
  • Gaming gives you per-game video settings like you would find in GeForce Experience, as well as a unique upgrade adviser that compares your PC specifications to the requirements of any games detected on your system.
  • Video is for your color settings that would be in the Nvidia Control Panel. Hue/saturation/brightness/etc.
  • ReLive is AMD’s version of Shadowplay. Allowing you to record, livestream, or save clips after they happen via keybind.
  • Connect allows you to link your media accounts, similar to GeForce Experience. Supported Platforms are YouTube, Twitch, STAGE TEN, Facebook, Twitter, Sina Weibo, Youku, Mixer, Restream and Gfycat as of this post.
  • Display gives you advanced video and resolution settings that you’d find in the Control Panel such as custom resolutions, GPU Scaling. You can also find Radeon Image Sharpening here if your GPU supports it. This is similar to Nvidia’s DLSS.
  • Eyefinity is a utility used to connect multiple displays into one larger display. It possibly has other features but I am not familiar with them so I won’t be listing them here.
  • System, the last tab simply lists your current Hardware, the version of AMD driver you have, and a dedicated tab for your AMD graphics card.

Is it ok for you ?

i suggest to read more & more, perso no more answers, sorry.
maybe someone will better answer.
See You.