Kaisen-update libgcc-s1:i386 pkgProblemResolver::Resolver

A few days ago there was a massive update. (Thanks for the work!) After which running kaisen-update produces this error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libgcc-s1:i386 : Depends: libc6:i386 (>= 2.35) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages

If I do apt update && apt upgrade it will update everything except what depends on the above and then report:

The following packages have been kept back:
libc-dev-bin libc6 libc6-dev libc6-i386 libgles-nvidia1 libgles-nvidia2 libglx-nvidia0 libnvidia-allocator1 libnvidia-eglcore libnvidia-glcore libnvidia-glvkspirv nvidia-alternative nvidia-kernel-support nvidia-vdpau-driver nvidia-vulkan-icd

However kaisen-update won’t update anything. Anyone else having this problem? My system is 64bit, so I’m not sure what originally installed libc6:i386 or if it came with KL by default in the original install, but I don’t want to remove it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I don’t what pulled them in, but I went ahead and ignored the dire warnings about possible system instability and removed all libgcc*-i386 packages because I have a 64 bit system, and everything returned to normal.

Hello @vcg3rd,

Thank you for the feedback.
The support of the i386 arch was removed on Kaisen few days ago.

1 Like