Update 2.3 Error

“After updating to Kaisen Linux 2.3, I encountered a number of issues. Here are some of the steps and considerations I took to diagnose and fix the issues. I hope this helps others who are experiencing similar difficulties and I’d appreciate any feedback or additional suggestions.”

• Btrfs Check:
  • Unmount file system: sudo umount /mnt/my_btrfs_partition
  • Check the file system: sudo btrfs check /dev/sdc1
  • Nvidia driver issues:
  • Disable the Nouveau driver (if Nvidia proprietary driver is used). This can often be achieved through the system settings or by adding nouveau.modeset=0 to the kernel boot options.
  • Check if Nvidia proprietary drivers are available for your system and install them if necessary. In many distributions this can be done using a driver management program.
  • Error Report:
  • If you find that the 2.3 version is useless for you, you might consider reverting to an earlier, more stable version, or try a different Linux distribution. Whole system is unstable and destroyed a lot of data for me. I’m going back to 2.2. Ke4interested more on 2.3

“Nach dem Update auf Kaisen Linux 2.3 bin ich auf eine Reihe von Problemen gestoßen. Hier sind einige der Schritte und Überlegungen, die ich gemacht habe, um die Probleme zu diagnostizieren und zu beheben. Ich hoffe, dass dies anderen hilft, die ähnliche Schwierigkeiten haben, und ich würde mich über Feedback oder zusätzliche Vorschläge freuen.”

• Btrfs-Check:
  • Aushängen des Dateisystems: sudo umount /mnt/my_btrfs_partition
  • Überprüfen des Dateisystems: sudo btrfs check /dev/sdc1
  • Nvidia-Treiberprobleme:
  • Deaktivieren des Nouveau-Treibers (wenn Nvidia proprietären Treiber verwendet wird). Das kann man oft über die Systemeinstellungen oder durch das Hinzufügen von nouveau.modeset=0 zu den Kernel-Boot-Optionen erreichen.
  • Überprüfen Sie, ob proprietäre Nvidia-Treiber für Ihr System verfügbar sind und installieren Sie diese gegebenenfalls. Das kann in vielen Distributionen über ein Treiberverwaltungsprogramm erfolgen.
  • Fehlerbericht:
  • Wenn Sie feststellen, dass die Version 2.3 für Sie unbrauchbar ist, könnten Sie in Erwägung ziehen, auf eine frühere, stabilere Version zurückzukehren oder eine andere Linux-Distribution auszuprobieren. Ganze System läuft unstabiel und hat mir eine Menge an Daten zerstört. Ich gehe auf 2.2 zurück. Ke4in Interesse mehr auf 2.3

What is your problem exactly?

Subject: Difficulties and frustrations with Kaisen Linux 2.3

Hello Kaisen community,

I wanted to share my experiences and concerns about Kaisen Linux 2.3. Since upgrading to this version, I’ve encountered a variety of bugs that have severely handicapped me. It even caused problems with my external hard drives and unfortunately I lost significant data.

I’ve given the 2.3 version several chances and reinstalled it several times, hoping to find a way around the problems I’m encountering. But every time I was disappointed and had to invest a lot of time to set up my system again and try to recover my lost data. This not only disrupted my workflow, but also caused significant delays in my projects.

For these reasons, I decided to go back to version 2.2, which for me has been the most stable and reliable so far. I would like to encourage the development team to test version 2.3 more thoroughly and ensure that such critical bugs do not appear in future versions.

I appreciate the hard work that goes into Kaisen Linux and I hope my feedback is helpful. For now, however, I will stick with version 2.2 and eagerly await a more stable and reliable future version.

Hello,
I tried BTRFS on 2.3 and i understood that the partioning schema have to be a little big than ext4. Since i grow my space, no more problems at the install/functions, maybe is that for you? no such space ? you know, the snapshots, etc. etc. i observe too that when using docker with exegol, you have to have a /var/lib/ more than other cause you have to dwnl 15Gb.
So my schema is :
2G /boot ext4
70G / btrfs
8G swap
70G /home btrfs
70G /var btrfs
the rest is for /opt for vm’s

Context :
HP PROBOOK470GO
i32350M
16Go RAM
480Go SSD
Kaisen Mate 2.3

Hello,

Why are you create several partitions on your disk?

Hello,

I create partitions cause it’s better for the system and for appli you have to use, example for a mail server as postfix, it’s good to have a separate /var, cause the spool and everything will go inside, and for backup, it’s better. you could do a /usr/lib too for the libraries/bianries, like a /tmp to 1 Go too, good for the system too. i always do a /boot for the kernel. i was formed with the concept of partitioning, this is the base of operating system.

like the concept of the OSI model, the baic of IT :grinning:

but OSI many … “engineers” … have fogotten it… :wink:
bref when you have to admin a db such oracle or maria or pg, it’s important to keep in your mind the environment variables and the space to use, even if you go to separate nfs/samba server, the cron is still here for the system, even if you have an orchestastror.

like the /etc ! very important in all cases to backup the files you modified who are located in this folder ! example with samba and webmin, if you don’t do a copy of smb.conf before trying to admin samba with webmin, beh you can cry…

but OSI will be always the basic, 7 layers… when the 3 doesn’t work or the 4th, the superiors layers won’t work. this is the way of IT, for network, for Operating System, for computers… when all of that is integrated in your brain and that a morning you wake up and say : "i understood ! " it’s ok :grinning:

Oh whoua…
For a desktop distribution, it’s not necessary to use a partition scheme like this.

Maybe, you need to rework your partition scheme in the future.

mouais… peut-être…habitude… :wink:

1 Like